Summer Camp Policies
1. Always obey those in charge.
2. No one is to be alone (except during devos), you must have at least two or more people with you (sorry, it’s not a couple’s retreat, no hanging with that special someone or any potentially special someone), no going off campus for any reason without prior permission from Student Pastor.
3. YOU NEED YOUR BIBLE IN ORDER TO GET ON THE VAN.
4. NO pranks or practical jokes without permission of the person. Please do not touch or borrow anyone else’s property.
5. NO TOLERANCE: No drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, chew, or over the counter medicine, if you have prescription medicine you'll need to give them to an adult leader and they will hand out your doses each day.
6. Everyone must attend chapel and we always sit together as a group (please, no couples sitting together, this is a time to build relationships with other people in our student ministry and with the Lord). We also need to support each other in the activities we are involved in, so please cheer each other on!
7. Everyone involved in sporting events must shower before chapel.
8. NO TOLERANCE POLICY: No personal contact good or bad; this includes handholding, kissing, arms around each other, massages, hitting, kicking, etc.
Boys are BLUE... Girls are PINK.... NO PURPLE!
9. No books, magazines, handheld games, squirt guns, headphones, stereos, CD players, Ipods, MP3 players, DVD players, tape players, water balloons, whipped or shaving cream (grow a man beard for a week), etc.
10. Girls- no 2 piece swimsuits, halter, spaghetti strap, midriffs or anything else showing your naval, short shorts/skirts (all shorts should be finger length), writing on seat of shorts, sweats, etc.
Guys- no speedo’s, 2 piece swimsuits (I have to be fair), tank tops (sleeveless shirts are OK), baggy shorts/pants that show boxers, etc.
Guys & Girls- No shirts that have beer, cigarettes, or other inappropriate logos or sayings on them (i.e. porn star, playboy bunny, little devil, or eat my shorts).
11. During hotel stays absolutely no guys in girl’s rooms and girls in guy’s rooms. No stopping in doorways. No leaving the hotel without an adult leader and permission from Student Pastor.
First you represent God- you don't want to be an obstacle (by your actions, words, behavior) to someone that is searching for God
Second you represent our church and your Pastors
Third you represent each other (respect one another not only in your dress but in your attitude and actions).
Here are a couple of scriptures to help remind us of our responsibility as Christians
Philippians 2:14-16 (English Standard Version)
Do all things without grumbling or questioning, 15that you may be blameless and innocent,children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain
I Peter 2:9 (English Standard Version)
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
All policies are meant to help you have a great time at camp, protect your purity and help you to build a stronger relationship with Jesus and others. We are praying Jesus will impact your life during this week, but it begins with the right attitude. If you have any questions about anything, just ask.